Fines & Options
Appearance InformationWhen you receive a citation you will have 20 business days from the date of the citation to make an appearance. An appearance must be made in person or by mail – a telephone call does not constitute an appearance. There are several options available on or before the appearance date printed on the citation:
- Pay your fine online; credit card payments may be made for most cases (a 2% fee is added to all online payments). If you choose this option a plea of no contest will be entered and this violation will automatically result in a conviction that may go on your driving record.
- Pay in person by cash, check, Visa, Master Card, or money order.
- Pay by mail with check or money order to:
City of Murphy Municipal Court
206 N. Murphy Road
Murphy, Texas 75094
- Request the driver safety course option for dismissal of the ticket, if eligible (this is not an option if you have a commercial driver’s license); request must be made on or before the appearance date listed on your citation.
- Request deferred disposition option for dismissal of the ticket (this is not an option if you have a commercial driver’s license); request must be made on or before the appearance date listed on your citation.
- Request an extension or an installment plan at the court office if you are unable to pay the full amount of your fine the following conditions will apply:
- A one-time payment fee of $25 will be added to each violation when payments exceed 30 days
- Request an extension of up to 30 days to pay your fine; this request must be made by the original appearance date listed on the citation either in person, by mail or fax
- You will be required to complete a time payment application (English | Spanish)
Payment of your fine online will automatically result in a conviction that may go on your driving record.
Please allow 72 hours, plus any holiday hours for warrants to be cleared if paid online.