Trash & Recycling
Progressive has the contract to handle garbage, recyclables, and bulk pick up within the City of Murphy. Your trash and recycle bins are to be out at the curb by 7 a.m. If you put your garbage out after that time, Progressive will not come back and it pick up.
According to a city ordinance, your poly cart / recycle bin shall be removed from the curb no later than 12 noon the day after your regular scheduled pick up. You have 1 garbage / recycle pickup day per week. For trash and recycling questions please contact Progressive Waste Solutions at 469-452-8000 directly or email
- Green cart is to be used for trash items. Blue cart is for recycle only.
- Weekly pickups include up to 4 cubic yards of extra items out beside your cart.
- Limbs that are bundled and tied 4 foot by 4 foot can be placed at the curb each week. Bundles must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Contents cannot be taller than garbage cart.
- Paint cans containing wet paint cannot be placed in garbage cart; however, if leftover paint is allowed to dry solid, it is then considered solid waste and may be placed in the garbage cart.
In addition to your regular weekly garbage service you may include up to 4 cubic yards of extra items out beside your cart as long as it follows the above stated guidelines.
View a list of items that will and will not be accepted by Progressive Waste Solutions.
2013 Poly Cart Rates
- First cart fee and tax - $13.25
- Extra cart fee and tax - $7.80
Additional Disposal Information
- Bulk trash pickup
Shelf-stable cartons: Juice, Milk, Soy Milk, Soup and broth, Wine
Refrigerated cartons: Milk, Juice, Cream, Egg substitutes