Hydrant Meter Rental & Leak Credits
Hydrant Meter RentalHydrant water meters are used to measure the volume of water withdrawn from fire hydrants within the City of Murphy for use in construction. Hydrant meters can be obtained by providing the following to the Customer Service Department: Application, Copy of Drivers License and a deposit. Once all the required items are received, the Public Works Department will be notified to set a hydrant meter at the requested location. Hydrant Meter Application.
Additional Hydrant Meter Information
- The monthly base fee is $130.13.
- The monthly tiered rate for water consumption is:
- 0-15,000 gallons $5.60 per thousand gallons
- 15,001 - 30,000 gallons $5.95 per thousand gallons
- 30,001 - 45,000 gallons - $6.38 per thousand gallons
- 45,001 - 60,000 gallons - $6.87 per thousand gallons
- over 60,001 - $7.43 per thousand gallons
- There is a required deposit of $1,500, refundable upon return of meter in working condition.
- There is a stormwater fee of $3 each month.
- The meter is provided with a backflow device.
Water Leak InformationThe City of Murphy ordinances allows customers who have suffered an excusable defect to receive a leak adjustment. All leaks are a priority; however, leaks posing a potential threat to health and safety are handled as emergencies and receive priority response. Please call our emergency number at 972-468-4236 if you are experiencing this kind of leak.
Please provide a Leak Credit Application to the Customer Service Department requesting a leak credit and include the service address, the approximate dates the leak occurred and the repair receipt in order to receive proper credit. A leak credit will be applied only after a customer presents proof of a repair of the leak to the Customer Service Department.