Providing Business Development Funds
The City of Murphy and Murphy Municipal Development District (MMDD) are committed to the promotion and retention of high-quality development in all parts of the city and to an ongoing improvement in the quality of life for its citizens.
MMDD will consider providing incentives in accordance with the procedures and criteria outlined below. Nothing herein shall imply or suggest that the City of Murphy or the MMDD are under any obligation to provide any incentive to any applicant. Only fully completed applications shall be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Regulations & Requirements
All incentives provided by the MMDD must have as their underlying goal to further economic development in Murphy. The goals to be achieved by an accepted incentive application should be measurable and as set forth in an agreement between the city and the recipient. Recommendations for incentives will be based upon evaluation of criteria including, but not limited to, the following:
- How many jobs will be brought to Murphy?
- How much direct sales tax will be generated?
- What beneficial economic impact will the project have on the community?
- What infrastructure construction will be required?
- What is the value of the Real and Business Personal Property that will be added to the tax rolls?
- What types of jobs will be created?
For additional questions, please contact Tina Stelnicki, Interim Director of Economic and Community Development, at 972-468-4118.
Coming Soon!Schlotzsky's will be located on the Southeast corner of Brand Road and FM544
For information on these or any other businesses in Murphy, please feel free to contact
Tina Stelnicki at 972-468-4118 or email