Employee Benefits Package
The City of Murphy recognizes that we can not serve our customers without a dedicated workforce. We are proud to offer our employees a competitive benefits package, including:
- 10 paid holidays
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave accrued during first year of service
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance. City pays the full premium for employees, substantial contribution for qualified dependents
- City paid life and accident insurance in the amount of $20,000
- City paid long-term disability insurance
- Optional short-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Longevity pay-all full-time employees receive $4 per month for each year of service, beginning the month following the first full year of service
- Employee Assistance Program, free to employees and family members
- Deferred compensation plan (457) offered by ICMA-RC. Optional, paid for by the employee
Texas Municipal Retirement System
The City of Murphy also participates in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) in order to assist our employees in preparing for their future and retirement. The employee's TMRS contribution is 7% of their gross salary and is deposited on a pre-tax basis into their individual account. The City matches the employee's deposits at a rate of 2:1 or 14%.
Review our comprehensive benefits overview to see why the City of Murphy is a great place to work!
Review the City of Murphy personnel policies and procedures.