Building & Inspections Online Permitting
City of Murphy Building & Inspection Online Permitting
The City of Murphy now offers the ability to secure certain types of permits online. You must be a registered web user before you can access the website for online permitting.
First Time Users Online Permitting Guide
With online permitting, most contractors are able to apply for permits, check on the status of a permit, secure the permit, pay any fees related to a permit, schedule inspections, cancel inspections and check the status on an inspection.
To access online permitting, you must become a registered user. When you register for the first time, you will need to complete the online application. You must have a valid email address and create a password. Once the city receives your application, the city will verify your status with the city and verify that all state registrations and licenses are current.
- General contractors must provide a current driver’s license of the responsible person of their company.
- Electrical contractors must provide their TDLR Texas Electrical Contractors License number and the Texas Master Electrician number along with the driver’s license number of the holder of the State Texas Master Electricians License.
- Heating and air conditioning contractors must provide their TDLR TACL number and the driver’s license number of the holder of the state TACL license.
- Plumbing contractors must provide a copy of their Texas State Master Plumbing License number and the driver’s license number of the holder of the Texas State Master Plumbers License.
- All other types of contractors must provide a current driver’s license of the responsible person of their company.
Approval & Payment
All permits must be approved before a payment can be made. Once a request for a permit is submitted, staff will be notified automatically that a request is waiting approval. A staff member will review the request and verify that you have submitted enough information in order to process your application. If you do not receive a response within two business days, please contact the Customer Service Department at 972-468-4100.
If for any reason your request cannot be approved you will receive an email notifying you of what additional information is required before the permit can be processed. Additional information may be submitted electronically through email, faxed or delivered to the Customer Service Department at 206 North Murphy Road.
Please note that a 3.5% convenience fee will be added to all credit card transactions.
If you have any problems or need to submit further information please contact Customer Service Department at 972-468-4100, by email, or by fax at 972-468-4127.