Comprehensive Benefits Overview
Full Time Employee Benefits Summary
- Retirement benefits provided through the Texas Municipal Retirement System. Mandatory contributions via payroll deduction - employee contributes 7% and the City matches 2 - 1.
- Term Life Insurance plan of $20,000 paid for by the City of Murphy. Supplemental coverage is available for purchase by the employee.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance. City pays the full premium for employees and provides a 50% premium contribution for qualified dependents. PPO plan with United Healthcare, Dental plan with Ameritas and Vision plan with VSP. Benefits are deducted pre-tax, see table below for rates.
- Telemedicine, including a behavioral health component, fully funded by the City of Murphy
- Flexible Spending Health and Dependent Care accounts available for employee contribution.
- Long-term disability insurance paid by the City of Murphy.
- Identity Protection plan available through My ID Care.
- Longevity pay: All full-time employees receive $4.00 per month for each year of service beginning the month following the first full year of service.
- Employee Assistance Program provided free to employees and family members.
- Vacation: Two weeks (10 days) annually through the first five years, three weeks (15 days) annually from 5 years to 10 years, and four weeks (20 days) annually for 10 years of service and beyond. Time accrues incrementally each pay period.
- Sick time: Two weeks (10 days) annually - accrued incrementally each pay period. Time can be rolled over each year to a maximum of 720 hours.
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457) offered by ICMA-RC. Optional and fully funded by the employee.
Rates for Medical/Dental/Vision insurance:
|Coverage Level||Medical Insurance||Dental Insurance||Vision Insurance||Enhanced Vision|| My ID Care
|Employee Only||No Cost||No Cost||No Cost||$ 2.26||$4.98|
|Employee + Spouse||$149.65||$9.18||$1.05||$4.66||N/A|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$111.10||$14.00||$1.10||$4.79||N/A|
|Employee + Family||$227.55||$23.07||$2.84||$8.79||$8.98|
Employees are paid bi-weekly (26 times per year), but insurance premiums are deducted only 24 times per year.