Christmas Parade Rules
PARADE DATE: THURSDAY, DECMEBER 2
PARADE START TIME: 5:30 PM
- Entry forms must be submitted by November 24th to be included in the parade. You will receive confirmation by November 30th of parade entry and assigned number of parade line-up. If you do not receive this information by 12/1, please contact Events Committee at 972.468.4063 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parade entries must be in line by 5:00pm.
- No other SANTA is allowed. Santa Claus is provided by the organization committee.
- All entries must be decorated in the holiday theme: Holiday Classics (Including holiday movies, books, etc), including the golf carts, wagons, bike’s, etc.
- All entries must clearly display the name of the organization or business
- For safety reasons, no one is allowed to “throw” candy to the crowd. However, walkers alongside entries may hand out candy, or lightly toss candy.
- PLEASE consider the safety of your parade participants, especially children sitting on or in the“mini float” you created.•ALL children participating should have adult supervision.
- Dress for the weather. It is usually cold in the evening.
- No vulgar items or profanity should be used in any capacity on your cart decorations.
- •Awards for: Most Creative and Best in Show.
Before the Parade: Staging area opens at 4:30pm beginning at the Murphy Fire Department Bay.
- Each entry will be assigned a number that will be your place in line-up. The number and entry confirmation will be emailed to you after the deadline (November 24th) when all entries have been collected.
- You are responsible for notifying all of your participants of your number to avoid confusions locating your entry line-up.
- Judges will evaluate the parade entries based on their overall theme.
- All entries will be judged during the parade at the end of the parade, and will be announced after the tree lighting ceremony.