Driver Safety Course
Driver's Safety CourseDo not take a driver's safety course before receiving permission from the Court.
- Must submit a copy of your valid Texas driver's license.
- Must submit proof of insurance showing you are a listed driver on the policy.
- Submit signed affidavit stating that you have not taken a driver's safety course within the past 12 months.
You are not eligible if:
- You hold a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Charged with speeding 25 MPH or more over the speed limit or traveling at a rate of speed greater than 95 MPH.
- Charged with violating one of the following sections of the Transportation Code (TRC) of the State of Texas:
- TRC Sec. 472.022 - Construction or maintenance work zone when workers present
- TRC Sec. 545.066 - Passing a school bus.
- TRC Sec. 545.401 - Reckless driving.
- TRC Sec. 545.421 - Fleeing or attempting to elude Police Officer.
- TRC Sec. 550.022 - Accident involving damage to a vehicle.
- TRC Sec. 550.023 - Duty to give information and render aid.
- TRC Sec. 522.003 - Serious traffic violations.
You must do the following to be approved to take a driver safety course for dismissal of your traffic violation:
- Make your request on or before the appearance date on your citation in person at the Municipal Court clerk's window or by mail.
- Submit a copy of valid Texas driver's license.
- Submit proof of insurance showing you are a listed driver on the policy.
- Pay court cost and administrative fees in the amount of $144.00, or $169.00 if violation occurred in a school zone.
- Enter plea of either No Contest or Guilty.
Payment Options:The court accepts cash, checks, money orders, Master Card, and Visa. Please make checks or money orders payable to the City of Murphy.
Please note: Do not make an online payment for your driver's safety course as this will result in a conviction on your driving record.