Driver Safety Course
Driver's Safety Course
Do not take a driver's safety course before receiving permission from the Court.
- Must submit a copy of your valid Texas driver's license.
- Must submit proof of insurance showing you are a listed driver on the policy.
- Submit signed affidavit stating that you have not taken a driver's safety course within the past 12 months.
You are not eligible if:
- You hold a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Charged with speeding 25 MPH or more over the speed limit or traveling at a rate of speed greater than 95 MPH.
- Charged with violating one of the following sections of the Transportation Code (TRC) of the State of Texas:
- TRC Sec. 472.022 - Construction or maintenance work zone when workers present
- TRC Sec. 545.066 - Passing a school bus.
- TRC Sec. 545.401 - Reckless driving.
- TRC Sec. 545.421 - Fleeing or attempting to elude Police Officer.
- TRC Sec. 550.022 - Accident involving damage to a vehicle.
- TRC Sec. 550.023 - Duty to give information and render aid.
- TRC Sec. 522.003 - Serious traffic violations.
You must do the following to be approved to take a driver safety course for dismissal of your traffic violation:
- Make your request on or before the appearance date on your citation in person at the Municipal Court clerk's window or by mail.
- Submit a copy of valid Texas driver's license.
- Submit proof of insurance showing you are a listed driver on the policy.
- Pay court cost and administrative fees in the amount of $134.00, or $159.00 if violation occurred in a school zone.
- Enter plea of either No Contest or Guilty.
The court accepts cash, checks, money orders, Master Card, and Visa. Please make checks or money orders payable to the City of Murphy.
Please note: Do not make an online payment for your driver's safety course as this will result in a conviction on your driving record.