Open Gym (Closed for pick-up games)
ALL CLASSES, RESERVATIONS AND PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED MONDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2021 THROUGH THURSDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2021.
COVID-19 MODIFIED OPEN GYM POLICY
- No walk-ins will be permitted; please call ahead to reserve a 50 minute time-slot at 972-468-4444.
- Shooting, volleying and skills practice style play only. No contact style play or pick-up games permitted.
- Use of the Boyd Gymnasium for open play will be permitted to Murphy Community Center members with a call-ahead reservation.
- Open play is available with a one hour reservation for basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickle ball.
- Capacity will be limited to 4 people per goal or net (8 people “on court” maximum).
- All members will need to undergo a temperature check and either wash or sanitize hands prior to entering the gymnasium for open play. Anyone who has a temperature, doesn't feel well or is visibly sick will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- masks are required throughout the facility and when not practicing on court (spectating).
- Please call ahead for a 50 minute time slot. Reservation time will start on the hour and will end 10 minutes prior to the next hour.
The gym is generally available for Open Gym from 11am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Gymnasium Use, Rules & Regulations
- Only court shoes are allowed on the gym floor. Hard sole or black sole shoes are not allowed.
- Food, drinks, gum and candy are prohibited on the gym floor during open gym.
- The stage area is strictly off limits during open gym.
- Drills, reps, exercises or general instructions that reflect the image of a team and/or organized practice is prohibited in the gym during open play.
- Prohibited acts include dunking the basketball, grabbing or hanging on the rim, foul or abusive language and fighting. The severity of the misconduct may warrant removal from the facility, suspension or termination of facility use privileges.
- No basketball during open play volleyball (Wednesdays) and no volleyball during open play basketball (Mondays). Review gym schedule regularly and be aware of basketball, volleyball and open play times.