- Police Department
- Lock Box Program
Lock Box Program
If you needed emergency medical or police assistance, could help get to you in time? If emergency responders cannot get to you, they might have to break out a window or force open a locked door to reach you. You need help NOW!
The Residential Lockbox Program is intended to expedite access to older adults in their own homes during medical or other emergencies, while eliminating the likelihood of property damage from forced entry. The Lockbox Program is open to all Murphy residents who either live alone, or must be left alone on a regular basis, and…
- are age 60 and above
- are under 60, with a major medical issue that could render them incapacitated or unconscious.
Click here to submit an online application for the Residential Lockbox Program or call us at (972) 468-4200 for more information.
How does the program work?
- The eligible participant will complete and submit a Lockbox Program application to the Murphy Police Department.
- Once the application is approved, a police representative will contact the participant at their home to review the program.
- The participant will provide a spare house key to the police representative.
- The police representative will place the key inside the lockbox and set the combination.
- The police representative will determine the best location for the lockbox that allows quick access for emergency responders, but is not readily visible to typical street or pedestrian traffic.
- The lockbox will only be used during an emergency call, and when responders cannot make entry without using force.
- At no other time will the lockbox be used or will entry be made without authorization.
- The program is administered by the Murphy Police Department, and the information provided by the participant will remain confidential.
What are my obligations?
- There is no cost to participate in the Lockbox Program, other than that of a spare key.
- A participant may withdraw from the program at any time. After the key is returned to the participant, the empty lockbox will be removed from the residence and returned to the Police Department.